Minnesota Connections Academy Recognizes Cottage Grove Student

Posted 5/11/22

Student of the Month Award recognizes achievements in and out of the virtual classroom Santistevan Villanueva- Montoya, of Cottage Grove, was recently named one of Minnesota Connections Academy’s …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Log in

Posted

Student of the Month Award recognizes achievements in and out of the virtual classroom

Santistevan Villanueva- Montoya, of Cottage Grove, was recently named one of Minnesota Connections Academy’s (MNCA) Students of the Month in recognition of his achievements and leadership in the virtual classroom.

Santistevan, a fifth grader at the public online school, was nominated by his teacher Ms. Montoya, because of his hard work and determination to thrive in a virtual classroom. As a Student of the Month, Santistevan will receive a certificate of achievement and be profiled in the Minnesota Connections Academy student newsletter and the school’s social media platforms.

“Our students of the month demonstrate leadership and an extraordinary commitment to learning while serving as strong role models for their peers,” said Brad Swanson, School Leader at Minnesota Connections Academy. “The members of our faculty and staff are proud to give these virtual classroom leaders the recognition they deserve.”

Santistevan came to Minnesota Connections Academy in 2018. According to his mother, Stephanie, their family had moved, and they needed a new school. They stayed with MNCA because they wanted a continuous learning experience during the COVID-19 pandemic. Stephanie recalls Santistevan’s transition to the virtual classroom was difficult at first. However, within a very short time, they came to appreciate the flexibility and individualized approach the school offered.

At Minnesota Connections Academy students receive an online education that is tailored to their individual needs. The combination of state-certified teachers, a proven curriculum focused on both academics and social- emotional learning, and a nurturing, safe academic environment prepares students to thrive in a changing world.

About Minnesota Connections Academy Minnesota Connections Academy (MNCA) is a tuition- free, online public school for K–12 public students across the state. Minnesota ConnectionsAcademy offers a uniquely engaging, high-quality education experience through a safe, social learning environment that helps students learn how they learn best. The combination of state-certified quality teachers, a proven, student-centric school curriculum, unique electives, technology tools, and community experiences empowers students to gain the skills and confidence they need to thrive in a changing world. For more information, call 800-382-6010 or visit www.MinnesotaConnectionsAcademy. com.